Minimum Required Technology
In order to study with MSBM, your computer system will need to meet our Online Experience Requirements. Here is our minimum required technology:
- Windows 7, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista. (Windows ME, Windows 95 and Apple Macs not compatible)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer V6 or V7
- Firefox V1.5 and V2.0
- 800 MHz processor – 32bit or 64bit CPU (1 GHz or faster recommended)
- 256 MB RAM (512 or higher recommended)
- Monitor with 800 x 600 resolution or higher
- Monitor with High Colour (16 bit) display definition
- Headset or microphone and speakers
- 12 MB for the Participant application installation
- 50 MB set aside for Event Materials (100 MB recommended). This setting is configurable.
- TCP/IP intranet access or modem Internet access
- PC and telephone ? 12.8Kb (Recommended: ? 64Kb)
- PC and Internet Phone ? 28Kb
- Application Sharing (PC) ? 33.6Kb
- Video (PC) ? 56Kb
All MSBM web-enabled services run in standard browsers (Internet Explorer 7 recommended) which are freely available. In addition, a number of browser plug-ins will be required, for example, the Macromedia Flash and Shockwave plug-ins and the Adobe Acrobat PDF file reader. All such plug-ins are also freely available on the Internet.
Students are expected to have access to the Microsoft Office suite of products for their own use in preparing continuous assessments. Students are also required to be equipped with a functional e-mail address and be fully conversant in the use of web-based mail services or a desktop mail service such as Outlook Express.