The International Postgraduate Diploma in Operations Management is designed to provide in depth knowledge and understanding of the various aspect of Operations Management within the organisational context. It provides a rich collaborative learning experience where learner exchange views with other participants, interact with research active tutors, and are challenged to become a reflective manager.
The International Postgraduate Diploma in Operations Management also provides learners with realistic and appropriate career related guidance for early 21st century employment markets. Moreover, it creates an opportunity for learners to complete their MBA degree from the UK recognized University at the dissertation phase
This program consists 6 compulsory units which equals to a total of 120 credits.
|Operations & Supply Chain Management||20|
|Total Quality Management||20|
|Enterprise Resource Planning||20|
A learner must fulfill at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of an honors degree in a related subject that was taught in English
- Possession of a level 6 qualification from a recognized awarding body
- Five years’ management experience
The MSBM International Postgraduate Diploma in Operations Management programme enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study by topping up the degree with Masters in Business Administration at certain Universities in the UK.
The course is delivered fully online. However, while the course is self-paced and 100% online, its guided learning and webinars are facilitated by subject-matter experts from the academia and practice. It is designed to accommodate of both busy professionals with tight schedules and individuals with flexible schedule. Therefore the modules and learning materials are available around the clock and completely asynchronous.
This course is an introduction to the concepts, principles, problems, and practices of operations management. Emphasis is on managerial processes for effective operations in both goods-producing and service-rendering organization. Topics include operations strategy, process design, capacity planning, facilities location and design, forecasting, production scheduling, inventory control, quality assurance, and project management. The topics are integrated using a systems model of the operations of an organization.
- Develop an understanding of and an appreciation for the production and operations management function in any organization. To understand the importance of productivity and competitiveness to both organizations and nations.
- To understand the importance of an effective production and operations strategy to an organization.
- To understand the various production and operations design decisions and how they relate to the overall strategies of organizations.
- To understand the importance of product and service design decisions and its impact other design decisions and operations.
- Obtain an understanding of quality management practice in organizations and how total quality management and six-sigma facilitate organizational effectiveness.
- To understand the roles of inventories and basics of managing inventories in various demand settings.
The course is designed to help students become good researcher, to become familiar with the steps in proposing research topics, and clearly apply research knowledge in education. After completing the course, students will be able to prepare a research plan, collect data, address research questions and hypotheses, and organize a project report.
- Be able to formulate a research proposal relating to strategic business development
- Be able to use different research methodologies to gather sufficient and valid data
- Be able to present research findings in an appropriate format for a target audience
- Be able to evaluate own skills while undertaking research
The aim of the programme is to provide postgraduate-level education in operations and supply chain management principles, theories and practice. This unit introduces the concepts of logistics and supply chain management. In the modern global marketplace, companies need to be efficient in relation to the movement of supplies and delivery of the final products. The unit explores issues in relation to logistics including value, managing lead time and techniques including just-in-time, and incorporating the role of technology in this process
- Be able to investigate process and issues in the development of an efficient supply chain
- Be able to understand the need for achieving a fit between the operational and competitive strategies to implement performance system in supply chain
- Be able to understand customer relationship and the customer service dimension in supply chain management
- Be able to apply knowledge of forecasting and inventory management theories and methodologies
- Be able to demonstrate warehousing and transportation options for business requirements
- Be able to develop a global supply chain and operations perspective
The Objective of this course is to gain the knowledge of possibilities of efficient optimization and management of operation using TQM to improve the overall efficiency of the firm.
- Identify and explain the basic concepts in Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Differentiate between product quality characteristics and service quality characteristics
- List the key steps in the control of quality
- Distinguish between quality of design and quality of conformance to design
- Explain the process of planning for quality
- Explain the system of documentation, implementation and assessment of quality
- Identify and explain specific tools and techniques for quality improvement
- Explain the role of external and internal customers in setting quality parameters
This course will enable student understanding of issues and decisions that must be made when embarking upon a ERP selection and implementation journey. It will also lead to an understanding the challenges associated with managing extant ERP systems. In the process students will become familiar with the forces and organizational conditions leading to the acquisition of such enterprise wide systems
- Understand and gain insight into process views of organizations and tools and techniques used to model both as-is and to-be models.
- Apply the process modeling techniques in one or more modeling environments.
- Know and be able to apply key technical terminology in enterprise information systems as they apply in different ERP products and development methods Understand key differences between the major ERP applications (such as SAP R/3, and Oracle/PeopleSoft/Sibel) and issues specific to these applications their configuration and management.
- Analyze a current architecture and perform an effective gap analysis before an ERP implementation Be able to map enterprise architectural resources to a contemporary Enterprise Architecture mapping tool.
- Understand and be able to articulate the life cycle stages of any ERP implementation.
- Effectively describe problems typical of ERP implementation projects and translate this information and use this information to anticipate and articulate the challenges associated with post-implementation management of ERP systems.
To understand the process of identifying appropriate and feasible projects, and to be able to initiate and start a project. To be able to manage, monitor and control a project, including assessing, managing and controlling project risks and issues, project and team management and change management. To be able to evaluate the success or failure of a project.
- Be able to analyze business objectives to identify feasible projects
- Be able to design systems and plans for initiating managing and controlling projects
- Be able to organize and manage a project
- Be able to monitor and control the progress of projects
- Be able to review, evaluate and closeout a project
MSBM is a fully accredited institution in all branches to offer Level 4, 5, 6 and 7. The modules are written against prescribed learning outcomes defined by MSBM awarding bodies. MSBM is not a degree-awarding body.
Please get in touch with us to see if you are eligible for this course. Our advisors are here to help you choose the best educational pathway for your career development.
Click here to register for this programme or speak to our Recruitment Team