Human Resources Management impacts directly on the growth and advancement of every modern organisations and is a much-sought-after qualification. The MSBM Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management is a one year specialized programme that enables students to develop an advanced understanding of concepts, approaches and tools relevant to the field of Human Resource management in the 21st Century.
The Level 7 diploma in Human Resource Management is designed to help learners develop the competences and knowledge needed to understand the complexities surrounding the human factors in the workplace, lead the organizations through change initiatives and manage the human capital within the organizational context effectively. It will also equip learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be effective change agents, either as an entrepreneur, manager or consultant.
This program consists 6 compulsory units which equals to a total of 120 credits.
|Strategic Human Resource Management and Development||20|
|Leading, Managing and Human Resource Development||20|
|Resourcing, Talent Management and Development||20|
|Contemporary Human Resource Management||20|
A learner must fulfill at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of an honors degree in a related subject that was taught in English
- Possession of a level 6 qualification from a recognized awarding body
- Five years’ management experience
The MSBM Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management programme enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study by topping up the degree with Masters in Human Resource Management at certain Universities in the UK.
The course is delivered fully online. However, while the course is self-paced and 100% online, its guided learning and webinars are facilitated by subject-matter experts from the academia and practice. It is designed to accommodate of both busy professionals with tight schedules and individuals with flexible schedule. Therefore the modules and learning materials are available around the clock and completely asynchronous.
To enable learners to understand how to describe performance management and its role in running an effective organizational. Learner will understand the main elements that influence the performance of employees at all levels within an organisation and the ways in which such elements can be managed in a constructive manner. Further to provide learners with understanding to devise and implement appropriate HR practices and strategies that relate to Performance Management.
- Understand the relationship between Human Resource practices and Organisational Performance.
- Be able to identify the barriers and blockages preventing expected standards of performance being met.
- Be able to analyze the key HR and employment practices influencing employee performance.
- Understand the key requirements of various systems central to performance management and their integration.
The aim of this unit is to introduce learners to the importance of good employee relations for business success and the impact of changes which have affected employment relationships. Competencies required by HRM professionals in designing, implementing and evaluating employment relations strategies, plans, policies, systems and procedures to mitigate organisational risk, support organisational performance and meet the organisation’s business goals will be discussed. Also to develop the ability to make remedies to current/ potential conflict situations in compliance to legal and ethical considerations.
- Understand the context of employee relations against a changing background.
- Be able to analyse the impact of local, national and international contextual factors on the employment relationship.
- Understand the importance of employee relations on organisational performance.
To see the different perspectives of the parties to employee relations at organisation, industry and national levels
- To be able to give professional advice on the formulation and implementation of employee relations policy.
- To appreciate the strategic nature of employee relations and it’s contribution to organisational success.
The learner will gain an understanding of how the effective strategic management of human resources supports the achievement of organisational purposes in different organizational context. The unit seeks to analyze and evaluate the contribution of strategic human resource management to competitive advantage
- Critically analyze the role of strategic management of human resources
- Evaluate human resource planning in an organisation.
- Critically discuss the role of legal, ethical issue in developing human resources policy.
- Plan effective human resource strategies
- Critically analyze Leadership and Management theory
The purpose of this unit is to develop competence in understanding and analysing employment markets and demographic trends to create and implement effective, ethical and appropriate resourcing, retention, talent management and development strategies. Also the potential and limitations of the contribution of learning and talent development policies and strategies to formulating and achieving objectives at national, organisational, group and individual level will be discussed. Learners will assess the role of HRM professionals in designing, implementing and evaluating strategic planning relevant to employee resourcing, talent management and development.
- Understand the theoretical and conceptual basis for employee resourcing and major contemporary developments in employee resourcing and talent management.
- Understand the features and characteristics of changing employment markets as a basis for effective resourcing and talent management strategies.
- Understand the full range of professional functions associated with long and short term talent and succession planning.
- Understand the theoretical and conceptual basis of learning and talent development and contemporary research evidence.
- Be able to design, implement and evaluate resourcing and talent management and development strategies.
To provide learners with the competence to proffer solutions to problems arising in relation to leadership, management and development of human resource within the organisational contexts. Learners will be enabled to appraise the effectiveness of organisational strategies, processes and practices in efficient and effective leadership and management, also the contribution of HRM/HRD practitioners to organisational change.
- Understand the theoretical and conceptual basis for HRM and HRD in organisations and major contemporary developments in this area.
- Understand the nature of leadership and its contribution to individual, group and organisational development.
- Be able to evaluate the contribution of HRM and HRD functions in an organisation.
- Be able to promote professionalism and ethical approach to HRM and HRD practice in organisations.
- Understand how to promote a flexible working environment and effective change management practices.
To provide learners with the ability to understand and analyze the impact of internal and external environmental forces on organisational strategy and management of people. Also to enable the learner to analyze a range of organisational contexts and how they develop ways to respond such environmental forces and the role of HR professionals in contributing to it.
- Understand the environment of modern organisations and changing nature of contemporary HRM.
- Understand the impact of changes to the structure and nature of industry, employment law and working patterns on HRM.
- Understand the process of strategic management and the role of HR professionals in contributing to it.
- Understand the diverse application of HR practices in a range of organisational contexts
MSBM is a fully accredited institution in all branches to offer Level 4, 5, 6 and 7. The modules are written against prescribed learning outcomes defined by MSBM awarding bodies. MSBM is not a degree-awarding body.
Please get in touch with us to see if you are eligible for this course. Our advisors are here to help you choose the best educational pathway for your career development.
Click here to register for this programme or speak to our Recruitment Team