The International Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management is designed to provide learner with the opportunity to develop critical understanding of the areas of Finance and Management and their underlying processes from both a theoretical and practical perspective. It will also provide learner with a learning experience in preparation for subsequent career development and in achieving effective performance in a variety of financial and business management roles and organisations.
The International Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management qualification is designed for learners with relevant experience, and/or qualifications the knowledge and skills they need to function in the fields of accounting and finance. For those learners that have prior experience in accounting and finance and who also possess a professional qualification, the pathway through this programme will develop their professional competence.
This program consists 6 compulsory units which equals to a total of 120 credits.
|Corporate Social Responsibility and Governance||20|
|Global Finance and Strategy||20|
|Strategic Financial Management||20|
A learner must fulfill at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of an honors degree in a related subject that was taught in English
- Possession of a level 6 qualification from a recognized awarding body
- Five years’ management experience
The MSBM International Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study by topping up the degree with Masters in Financial Management at certain Universities in the UK.
The course is delivered fully online. However, while the course is self-paced and 100% online, its guided learning and webinars are facilitated by subject-matter experts from the academia and practice. It is designed to accommodate of both busy professionals with tight schedules and individuals with flexible schedule. Therefore the modules and learning materials are available around the clock and completely asynchronous.
The aim of this unit is to allow learners to gain a working knowledge and understanding of investment theories and market equilibrium models. Study of this unit will allow learners to perform bond valuations and evaluate current performance. On completion of this unit, learners should have gained sufficient skills to critically assess the cause and effect of the impact of developments on the world’s capital market. Learners will be able to make effective recommendations for further improvement.
- Understand different types of securities
- Understand the regulation of security trading and new issues in world markets
- Be able to apply principles of investment theory, securities and market analysis
- Understand the principles of taxation
- Understand the laws and regulations controlling the financial services industry
- Be able to plan, manage and review client portfolios
The aim of this unit is to allow learners to gain an in depth understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance. Learners will consider the various ways that businesses and financial institutions need to operate to ensure that society accepts their processes and procedures. Learners will gain an understanding of the importance of acting in such a way that ethical codes and practices are followed and individual dignity is enhanced. Learners will understand the skills required to deal appropriately with governing authorities in the private, public and charitable sectors.
- Understand laws and practices in a national and international context
- Understand the nature and importance of corporate governance and ethical behavior
- Be able to assess the impact of financial reporting on a business organisation’s stakeholders
- Understand the principal approaches of governance and assessment of risk
- Be able to communicate complex issues in CSR and governance
On completion of this unit learners will have gained an appreciation and understanding of the types of decisions that need to be taken when entering global markets. Learners will gain an understanding of why independence in solving financial issues within a specific period of time is vital for business success.
- Understand the concept of globalization
- Understand the impact of the global business environment on national and multinational business organisations
- Be able to construct strategies that will result in the enhancement of organisational value
- Be able to evaluate the financial consequences of strategic decisions
- Understand appropriate sources of finance
- Be able to review techniques to manage global risk
- Be able to assess potential investment decisions and global strategies
On completion of this unit, learners will have gained knowledge and understanding relating to planning the usage and management of a business organisation’s financial resources. Learners will understand the importance of attaining business objectives and maximizing shareholder return. Learners will gain a working knowledge of business strategy design and the production of comprehensive business plans
- Understand the significance of strategic management and decision making to the performance of a business organization
- Understand key financial theories
- Be able to apply stakeholder analysis and corporate valuation techniques
- Understand the role of culture in strategic decision making
- Understand performance measurement systems
On completion of this unit, learners will have gained knowledge and understanding of how managers can position and execute business strategy appropriately. This will involve an in-depth study of the strategic auditing process and related procedures. Learners will be able to understand and apply suitable investigative techniques to both positive and negative environments.
- Understand current developments in auditing
- Understand the risk involved in the audit process
- Understand audit strategy
- Understand the importance of legal and professional requirements when completing an audit
- Understand historic and current auditing processes and procedures
On completion of this unit, learners will be able to prepare and interpret the financial statements for a range of business organizations. The learners will be able to apply relevant accounting concepts and principles. The unit provides an opportunity for learners to enhance their quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, through the interpretation of financial data.
- Be able to demonstrate specific policies, practices and regulations within corporate accounting
- Be able to prepare and interpret accounting information
- Understanding accounting concepts, principles and theories
- Understand the accounting and finance regulatory framework
MSBM is a fully accredited institution in all branches to offer Level 4, 5, 6 and 7. The modules are written against prescribed learning outcomes defined by MSBM awarding bodies. MSBM is not a degree-awarding body.
Please get in touch with us to see if you are eligible for this course. Our advisors are here to help you choose the best educational pathway for your career development.
Click here to register for this programme or speak to our Recruitment Team