The International Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology designed to develop and refine a set of skills essential for successful engagement of enterprises with information and communications technology (ICT).
This program consists 6 compulsory units which equals to a total of 120 credits.
|Enterprise Software Development||20|
|Database Management Systems||20|
|Management Information Systems||20|
|Enterprise Resource Planning||20|
|Information Systems Development||20|
A learner must fulfill at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of an honors degree in a related subject that was taught in English
- Possession of a level 6 qualification from a recognized awarding body
- Five years’ management experience
The MSBM Level International Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Software and Business Infrastructure programme enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study by topping up the degree with Masters in Information Technology Management at certain Universities in the UK.
The course is delivered fully online. However, while the course is self-paced and 100% online, its guided learning and webinars are facilitated by subject-matter experts from the academia and practice. It is designed to accommodate of both busy professionals with tight schedules and individuals with flexible schedule. Therefore the modules and learning materials are available around the clock and completely asynchronous.
Enterprise Software development provides advanced concepts, skills and knowledge for those currently employed in the information technology and related fields, or graduates of information technology or computer studies programs.
- Reason and problem-solve to a high level in the context of enterprise software and its role in business, industry and research
- Participate constructively in the strategic deployment of enterprise software
- Manage the development of high-quality enterprise software products and services.
The course emphasizes the understanding of the fundamentals of relational systems including data models, database architectures, and database manipulations. The course also provides an understanding of new developments and trends such as Internet database environment and data warehousing
- Introductory knowledge of Database Management System (DBMS)
- Critically analyze Database Architecture and Modeling
- Develop entity relationship model
- Understand database normalization
- Introductory knowledge of SQL
- Critically analyze Database Security and integrity
This course provides a broad overview of the issues managers face in the selection, use, and management of information technology (IT). Increasingly, IT is being used as a tool to implement business strategies and gain competitive advantage, not merely to support business operations.
- Understand types of MIS applications in organisations
- Discuss the development of management information systems in organisations.
- Select and design MIS systems appropriate to meet management requirements.
- Critically evaluate MIS contributions to the strategic management of organisations
This course introduces the information system development process to the students. During course the students will learn about the main development frameworks, defining of system requirements, and modeling of data, architecture and components’ interactions an information system.
- Ability to describe the main tasks of an information systems development process.
- Understanding of the pros and cons of different IS development process models.
- Understanding of the basic system development modeling techniques that are common in multi-disciplinary software projects.
This course will enable student understanding of issues and decisions that must be made when embarking upon a ERP selection and implementation journey. It will also lead to an understanding the challenges associated with managing extant ERP systems. In the process students will become familiar with the forces and organizational conditions leading to the acquisition of such enterprise wide systems
- Understand and gain insight into process views of organizations and tools and techniques used to model both as-is and to-be models.
- Apply the process modeling techniques in one or more modeling environments.
- Know and be able to apply key technical terminology in enterprise information systems as they apply in different ERP products and development methods Understand key differences between the major ERP applications (such as SAP R/3, and Oracle/PeopleSoft/Sibel) and issues specific to these applications their configuration and management.
- Analyze a current architecture and perform an effective gap analysis before an ERP implementation Be able to map enterprise architectural resources to a contemporary Enterprise Architecture mapping tool.
- Understand and be able to articulate the life cycle stages of any ERP implementation.
- Effectively describe problems typical of ERP implementation projects and translate this information and use this information to anticipate and articulate the challenges associated with post-implementation management of ERP systems.
To understand the process of identifying appropriate and feasible projects, and to be able to initiate and start a project. To be able to manage, monitor and control a project, including assessing, managing and controlling project risks and issues, project and team management and change management. To be able to evaluate the success or failure of a project.
- Be able to analyze business objectives to identify feasible projects
- Be able to design systems and plans for initiating managing and controlling projects
- Be able to organize and manage a project
- Be able to monitor and control the progress of projects
- Be able to review, evaluate and closeout a project
MSBM is a fully accredited institution in all branches to offer Level 4, 5, 6 and 7. The modules are written against prescribed learning outcomes defined by MSBM awarding bodies. MSBM is not a degree-awarding body.
Please get in touch with us to see if you are eligible for this course. Our advisors are here to help you choose the best educational pathway for your career development.
Click here to register for this programme or speak to our Recruitment Team