The International Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management is designed to provide in depth knowledge and understanding of the various aspect of strategic management within the organisational context. It provides a rich collaborative learning experience where learner exchange views with other participants, interact with research active tutors, and are challenged to become a reflective manager.
The International Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management also provides learners with realistic and appropriate career related guidance for early 21st century employment markets. Moreover, it creates an opportunity for learners to complete their MBA degree from the UK recognized University at the dissertation phase
This program consists 6 compulsory units which equals to a total of 120 credits.
|Strategic Marketing Management||20|
|Strategic Human Resource Management and Development||20|
|Strategic Financial Management||20|
|Strategic Change Management||20|
A learner must fulfill at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of an honors degree in a related subject that was taught in English
- Possession of a level 6 qualification from a recognized awarding body
- Five years’ management experience
The MSBM International Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management programme enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study by topping up the degree with Masters in Business Administration at certain Universities in the UK.
The course is delivered fully online. However, while the course is self-paced and 100% online, its guided learning and webinars are facilitated by subject-matter experts from the academia and practice. It is designed to accommodate of both busy professionals with tight schedules and individuals with flexible schedule. Therefore the modules and learning materials are available around the clock and completely asynchronous.
To enable learners to understand how to describe performance management and its role in running an effective organizational. Learner will understand the main elements that influence the performance of employees at all levels within an organisation and the ways in which such elements can be managed in a constructive manner. Further to provide learners with understanding to devise and implement appropriate HR practices and strategies that relate to Performance Management.
- Understand how to analyze an organisation’s current and future external environment Understand how to analyze an organisation’s current and future internal environment
- Planning analyze relevant information to recommend and inform strategic decision making
- Develop a strategic marketing plan to realize organisational objectives
- Implementation and control Manage resources to deliver the strategic marketing plan
- Monitor, measure and adapt the marketing plan for continuous improvement
The learner will gain an understanding of how the effective strategic management of human resources supports the achievement of organisational purposes in different organizational context. The unit seeks to analyze and evaluate the contribution of strategic human resource management to competitive advantage
- Critically analyze the role of strategic management of human resources
- Evaluate human resource planning in an organisation.
- Critically discuss the role of legal, ethical issue in developing human resources policy.
- Plan effective human resource strategies
- Critically analyze Leadership and Management theory
On completion of this unit, learners will have gained knowledge and understanding relating to planning the usage and management of a business organisation’s financial resources. Learners will understand the importance of attaining business objectives and maximizing shareholder return. Learners will gain a working knowledge of business strategy design and the production of comprehensive business plans
- Understand the significance of strategic management and decision making to the performance of a business organization
- Understand key financial theories
- Be able to apply stakeholder analysis and corporate valuation techniques
- Understand the role of culture in strategic decision making
- Understand performance measurement systems
To examine the principles of strategy and change management and provide learners with a critical understanding and ability to use various models of the strategy and change management process and the analysis of internal external environmental and resource variables.
- Be able to critically review strategic plans.
- Be able to propose strategic options for an organisation.
- Be able to create a strategy implementation plan
- Be able to implement a strategic organisational change.
- Be able to review the implementation of strategic plans
The aim of this unit is to develop learners’ understanding of classic and contemporary theories of change management and how they apply to contemporary organisations in the globalised world, with the identification and use of change models. Learners will understand the personal characteristics of change agents as well as the evaluation and development of leadership skills to meet current and future change management roles.
- Be able to evaluate change agents’ knowledge, attributes skills and development
- Be able to critically analyse approaches to organisational change and their processes
- Be able to create a plan and implement effective change within an organisation.
- Be able to analyse stakeholder responses to Organizational change
- Be able to involve functional areas in an organisation’s change management.
To provide learners with the competence to proffer solutions to problems arising in relation to leadership, management and development of human resource within the organisational contexts. Learners will be enabled to appraise the effectiveness of organisational strategies, processes and practices in efficient and effective leadership and management, also the contribution of HRM/HRD practitioners to organisational change.
- Be able to formulate a research proposal relating to strategic business development
- Be able to use different research methodologies to gather sufficient and valid data
- Be able to present research findings in an appropriate format for a target audience
- Be able to evaluate own skills while undertaking research
MSBM is a fully accredited institution in all branches to offer Level 4, 5, 6 and 7. The modules are written against prescribed learning outcomes defined by MSBM awarding bodies. MSBM is not a degree-awarding body.
Please get in touch with us to see if you are eligible for this course. Our advisors are here to help you choose the best educational pathway for your career development.
Click here to register for this programme or speak to our Recruitment Team