International Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Information and Knowledge Management (Level 7) in Nigeria
Course Pass Rate
Tuition NGN 1,244,807 NGN 622,403
Monthly Instalment NGN 114,107
Duration 6 Months
What makes us different ?
We are a world class business school located in the heart of London, Dubai, Muscat and Lagos.
We are one of the fastest growing British business schools with a stylish blended
learning model that is both online and on campus.
Gain an International Postgraduate Diploma which is recognized and accepted worldwide.
Get as much as 50% scholarship.
100% Assignment Based
All modules are assessed via submitted assignments - there are no exams to write.
Easy Payment Structure
You can pre-structure your preferred payment option. Pay in easy instalments.
Learn more about the programme
Aim of the Programme:
The international Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Information and Knowledge Management equips participants with the skills they need to initiate, plan, and implement knowledge management projects in a wide variety of different institutional settings in both the private and the public sectors. Students get a thorough background in both theoretical and practical aspects of knowledge management.
This program consists of 6 compulsory units which are equal to a total of 120 credits.
Database Management Systems
The course emphasizes the understanding of the fundamentals of relational systems including data models, database architectures, and database manipulations. The course also provides an understanding of new developments and trends such as Internet database environment and data warehousing
- Introductory knowledge of Database Management System (DBMS)
- Critically analyze Database Architecture and Modeling
- Develop the entity-relationship model
- Understand database normalization
- Introductory knowledge of SQL
- Critically analyze Database Security and integrity
Enterprise Resource Planning
This course will enable students' understanding of issues and decisions that must be made when embarking upon an ERP selection and implementation journey. It will also lead to an understanding of the challenges associated with managing extant ERP systems. In the process, students will become familiar with the forces and organizational conditions leading to the acquisition of such enterprise-wide systems
- Understand and gain insight into process views of organizations and tools and techniques used to model both as-is and to-be models.
- Apply the process modeling techniques in one or more modeling environments.
- Know and be able to apply key technical terminology in enterprise information systems as they apply in different ERP products and development methods Understand key differences between the major ERP applications (such as SAP R/3, and Oracle/PeopleSoft/Sibel) and issues specific to these applications their configuration and management.
- Analyze a current architecture and perform an effective gap analysis before an ERP implementation Be able to map enterprise architectural resources to a contemporary Enterprise Architecture mapping tool.
- Understand and be able to articulate the life cycle stages of any ERP implementation.
- Effectively describe problems typical of ERP implementation projects and translate this information and use this information to anticipate and articulate the challenges associated with post-implementation management of ERP systems.
- INTRODUCTION & GUIDELINES
Information Systems Development
This course introduces the information system development process to the students. During course the students will learn about the main development frameworks, defining of system requirements, and modeling of data, architecture and components’ interactions an information system.
- Ability to describe the main tasks of an information systems development process.
- Understanding the pros and cons of different IS development process models.
- Understanding of the basic system development modeling techniques that are common in multi-disciplinary software projects.
Management Information Systems
This course provides a broad overview of the issues managers face in the selection, use, and management of information technology (IT). Increasingly, IT is being used as a tool to implement business strategies and gain competitive advantage, not merely to support business operations.
- Understand types of MIS applications in organizations
- Discuss the development of management information systems in organizations.
- Select and design MIS systems appropriate to meet management requirements.
- Critically evaluate MIS contributions to the strategic management of organizations
Strategic Information And Knowledge Management
An introduction to knowledge management and its links to information systems and information professionals. A broad overview of the creation, capture, codification, sharing, and application of knowledge in both tacit and explicit forms.
- To plan, initiate, implement, and evaluate knowledge management projects in private enterprises, public service administration, and educational institutions.
- To understand how to take on responsibilities as “Knowledge Manager” in different organizational settings and to direct knowledge management activities.
- To understand how to offer effective and innovative consulting in all areas of knowledge management including personal knowledge management, organizational KM, technologies and tools for KM.
- To understand how to design and manage knowledge processes
System Analysis And Design
System analysis and design deal with planning the development of information systems through understanding and specifying in detail what a system should do and how the components of the system should be implemented and work together. System analysts solve business problems by analyzing the requirements of information systems and designing such systems by applying analysis and design techniques. This course deals with the concepts, skills, methodologies, techniques, tools, and perspectives essential for systems analysts.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Gather data to analyze and specify the requirements of a system.
- Design system components and environments.
- Build general and detailed models that assist programmers in implementing a system.
- Design a database for storing data and a user interface for data input and output, as well as controls to protect the system and its data.
MSBM is accredited by OTHM, ATHE, Qualifi. Please refer to MSBM accreditation in about us.
A learner must fulfil at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of an honours degree in a related subject that was taught in English
- Possession of a level 6 qualification from a recognized awarding body
- Five years’ management experience
Learn fastOnline courses with compact learning chapters enable you to learn business skills faster than ever.
Study OnlineGet access to online study materials. All courses are 100% online and self-paced.
Global communityNo conventional requirements needed, our courses are open to all ages, professions and citizenship.
Get your diplomaYou will receive an International Postgraduate Diploma from MSBM and awarding partners.
Learn Practical Business ModulesComplete several modules ranging from Business Leadership and Managing People.
Study while you workObtain a degree without necessarily leaving your country.
What our clients say
"The knowledge gained from modules including management and research techniques have proven advantageous."
Amin Y., Alumni
"The assignments encouraged high-level critical thinking -- expectations were high, but we had great support."
Imram F., Alumni
"Nearly every lecture gripped me and I was able to choose to research subjects that expanded my existing interests."
Husnain M., Alumni