International Postgraduate Diploma in Operations Management (Level 7) in Nigeria
Course Pass Rate
Tuition NGN 1,244,807 NGN 622,403
Monthly Instalment NGN 114,107
Duration 6 Months
What makes us different ?
We are a world class business school located in the heart of London, Dubai, Muscat and Lagos.
We are one of the fastest growing British business schools with a stylish blended
learning model that is both online and on campus.
Gain an International Postgraduate Diploma which is recognized and accepted worldwide.
Get as much as 50% scholarship.
100% Assignment Based
All modules are assessed via submitted assignments - there are no exams to write.
Easy Payment Structure
You can pre-structure your preferred payment option. Pay in easy instalments.
Learn more about the programme
Aim of the Programme:
The International Postgraduate Diploma in Operations Management is designed to provide in-depth knowledge and understanding of the various aspect of Operations Management within the organizational context. It provides a rich collaborative learning experience where learners exchange views with other participants, interact with research-active tutors and are challenged to become a reflective manager.
The International Postgraduate Diploma in Operations Management also provides learners with realistic and appropriate career-related guidance for early 21st-century employment markets.
This program consists of 6 compulsory units which are equal to a total of 120 credits.
Enterprise Resource Planning
This course will enable students to understand issues and decisions that must be made when embarking upon an ERP selection and implementation journey. It will also lead to an understanding of the challenges associated with managing extant ERP systems. In the process, students will become familiar with the forces and organizational conditions leading to the acquisition of such enterprise-wide systems
- Understand and gain insight into process views of organizations and tools and techniques used to model both as-is and to-be models.
- Apply the process modeling techniques in one or more modeling environments.
- Know and be able to apply key technical terminology in enterprise information systems as they apply in different ERP products and development methods Understand key differences between the major ERP applications (such as SAP R/3, and Oracle/PeopleSoft/Sibel) and issues specific to these applications their configuration and management.
- Analyze a current architecture and perform an effective gap analysis before an ERP implementation Be able to map enterprise architectural resources to a contemporary Enterprise Architecture mapping tool.
- Understand and be able to articulate the life cycle stages of any ERP implementation.
- Effectively describe problems typical of ERP implementation projects and translate this information and use this information to anticipate and articulate the challenges associated with post-implementation management of ERP systems.
- INTRODUCTION & GUIDELINES
This course is an introduction to the concepts, principles, problems, and practices of operations management. Emphasis is on managerial processes for effective operations in both goods-producing and service-rendering organization. Topics include operations strategy, process design, capacity planning, facilities location and design, forecasting, production scheduling, inventory control, quality assurance, and project management. The topics are integrated using a systems model of the operations of an organization.
- Develop an understanding of and an appreciation for the production and operations management function in any organization. To understand the importance of productivity and competitiveness to both organizations and nations.
- To understand the importance of an effective production and operations strategy to an organization.
- To understand the various production and operations design decisions and how they relate to the overall strategies of organizations.
- To understand the importance of product and service design decisions and its impact on other design decisions and operations.
- Obtain an understanding of quality management practice in organizations and how total quality management and six-sigma facilitate organizational effectiveness.
- To understand the roles of inventories and basics of managing inventories in various demand settings.
To understand the process of identifying appropriate and feasible projects, and to be able to initiate and start a project. To be able to manage, monitor and control a project, including assessing, managing and controlling project risks and issues, project, and team management and change management. To be able to evaluate the success or failure of a project.
- Be able to analyze business objectives to identify feasible projects
- Be able to design systems and plans for initiating managing and controlling projects
- Be able to organize and manage a project
- Be able to monitor and control the progress of projects
- Be able to review, evaluate and closeout a project
The course is designed to help students become good researchers, to become familiar with the steps in proposing research topics, and clearly apply research knowledge in education. After completing the course, students will be able to prepare a research plan, collect data, address research questions and hypotheses, and organize a project report.
- Be able to formulate a research proposal relating to strategic business development
- Be able to use different research methodologies to gather sufficient and valid data
- Be able to present research findings in an appropriate format for a target audience
- Be able to evaluate own skills while undertaking research
Supply Chain Management
The aim of the programme is to provide postgraduate-level education in operations and supply chain management principles, theories and practice. This unit introduces the concepts of logistics and supply chain management. In the modern global marketplace, companies need to be efficient in relation to the movement of supplies and delivery of the final products. The unit explores issues in relation to logistics including value, managing lead time and techniques including just-in-time, and incorporating the role of technology in this process
- Be able to investigate process and issues in the development of an efficient supply chain
- Be able to understand the need for achieving a fit between the operational and competitive strategies to implement performance system in the supply chain
- Be able to understand customer relationship and the customer service dimension in supply chain management
- Be able to apply knowledge of forecasting and inventory management theories and methodologies
- Be able to demonstrate warehousing and transportation options for business requirements
- Be able to develop a global supply chain and operations perspective
Total Quality Management
The objective of this course is to gain the knowledge of possibilities of efficient optimization and management of operation using TQM to improve the overall efficiency of the firm.
- Identify and explain the basic concepts in Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Differentiate between product quality characteristics and service quality characteristics
- List the key steps in the control of quality
- Distinguish between the quality of design and quality of conformance to design
- Explain the process of planning for quality
- Explain the system of documentation, implementation, and assessment of the quality
- Identify and explain specific tools and techniques for quality improvement
- Explain the role of external and internal customers in setting quality parameters
MSBM is accredited by OTHM, ATHE, Qualifi. Please refer to MSBM accreditation in about us.
A learner must fulfil at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of an honours degree in a related subject that was taught in English
- Possession of a level 6 qualification from a recognized awarding body
- Five years’ management experience
Learn fastOnline courses with compact learning chapters enable you to learn business skills faster than ever.
Study OnlineGet access to online study materials. All courses are 100% online and self-paced.
Global communityNo conventional requirements needed, our courses are open to all ages, professions and citizenship.
Get your diplomaYou will receive an International Postgraduate Diploma from MSBM and awarding partners.
Learn Practical Business ModulesComplete several modules ranging from Business Leadership and Managing People.
Study while you workObtain a degree without necessarily leaving your country.
What our clients say
"The knowledge gained from modules including management and research techniques have proven advantageous."
Amin Y., Alumni
"The assignments encouraged high-level critical thinking -- expectations were high, but we had great support."
Imram F., Alumni
"Nearly every lecture gripped me and I was able to choose to research subjects that expanded my existing interests."
Husnain M., Alumni