Average Completion Time1 Month
Accreditation5 CPD Hours
Study online with ease.
24/7 unlimited access with pre-recorded lectures.
Our fees are low and easy to pay online.
UK CPD Certificate
Certificate to show what you have learnt.
Advanced Professional Certificate in Anti Money Laundering in Suriname 2022
Advanced Professional Certificate Courses
These are short online certificate courses of a more advanced nature designed to help you develop professionally and achieve your career goals, while you earn a professional certificate which qualifies you for the appropriate continuous professional development (CPD).
The course introduces the concept of money laundering and differentiates it from other forms of financial crimes so that the learner can effectively manage the financial transactions and be alerted of any suspicious activity. The course also equips the learner to understand different ways people launder money, strategies that the regulators use to counter the same, and a detailed compliance regime.
01. Money Laundering Concepts, Methods and Impact;
- Understand the concept and evolution of money laundering.
- Identify the three stages of money laundering.
- Understand different methods used in money laundering.
- Measure the impact of money laundering on economic growth.
- Understand the structure of the UK anti-money laundering system.
- Identify the main rules and regulations governing the UK anti-money laundering system.
- Understand the role of the financial conduct authority and other UK regulatory bodies.
- Understand the structure of the US anti-money laundering system.
- Identify the main rules and regulations governing the US anti-money laundering system.
- Understand the role of the FinCEN and other US regulatory bodies.
- Define the global framework of anti-money laundering.
- Reflect on the European Union and the United Nations anti-money laundering efforts.
- Understand the role of the Financial Action Task Force.
- Understand the role of anti-money laundering strategies.
- Determine the most influential entities in shaping anti-money laundering strategies.
- Understand the principle of a risk-based approach.
- Identify common anti-money laundering program deficiencies.
- Identify the foundational elements of anti-money laundering programs.
- Determine various tools used to reduce money laundering risks.
- Understand landmark anti-money laundering cases.
- Reflect on the consequences of a failed anti-money laundering strategy.
- Reflect on the consequences of a successful anti-money laundering strategy.
- Identify major money laundering red flags.
The module discusses the nature of money laundering and differentiates it from other financial crimes. The learner will be able to understand the different ways money is laundered and the tools that are developed and enforced to prevent and expose such ways. In addition, we will also discuss the national and international relevant legislation regarding the anti-money laundering regime.
There are no strict entry requirements for this course. Work experience will be added advantage to understanding the content of the course.
The certificate is designed to enhance the knowledge of the learner in the field. This certificate is for everyone eager to know more and gets updated on current ideas in the respective field. We recommend this certificate for the following audience.
- CEO, Director, Manager, Supervisor
- AML Compliant Manager/Executive/Officer
- Head of Compliance
- Head of Audit
- Corporate Risk Manager
- AML Policy Advisory Analyst
Learn fastOnline courses with compact learning chapters enable you to learn business skills faster than ever.
Study OnlineGet access to online study materials. All courses are 100% online and self-paced.
Global communityNo conventional requirements needed, our courses are open to all ages, professions and citizenship.