SEMP IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Category Online Executive Education (SEMP)
SEMP in Project Management
In today’s challenging economic environment, project managers, senior management and professional, needs to understand the fundamental supportive and strategic role that project management plays in business. If companies are to pursue their plans for stability and growth they need to cease seeing project management as a functional activity and place it at the core of their business processes. At the same time, project managers and planners share the responsibility to engage better on a business basis with senior executives.
Is the SEMP Project Management the right programme for me?
Some project managers train specifically for a professional role in project management right from the start, whilst others progress through their organization in different roles, and at some point identify project management as a role they would like to take on. Sometimes it is a role that you fall into by accident or one that is thrust upon you; so practical experience is often gained before becoming certified.
If you are contemplating a career change then there are several things you should consider. Firstly you must consider if you think you have the right sort of personality to become a project manager, for instance:
• Are you comfortable taking the lead role in a high-pressure situation?
• Have you got the ability to effectively manage resources on a large scale?
• Can you think on your feet and quickly react to change?
• Do you have good problem solving skills?
• Do you have the experience with finance to manage large budgets?
• Can you be honest, and say ‘No’ to staff and management when required?
• Can you be decisive when required, and accept responsibility for your decisions?
If you answered yes to most of these questions then a career in project management is definitely worth considering. As long as you’re proficient in most of the above, you can learn the remaining aspects through good additional training.
Why SEMP Project Management?
SEMP PM provides benefits to the managers and directors of a project and to an Organization, through the controllable use of resources and the ability to manage business and project risk more effectively.
SEMP PM embodies established and proven best practice in project management. It is widely recognized and understood, providing a common language for all participants in a project.
SEMP PM encourages formal recognition of responsibilities within a project and focuses on what a project is to deliver, why, when and for whom.
Who should enroll in this online Certificate Program?
Whether you are in construction management; project execution; or project, program, or portfolio management, this could be an ideal program for you if you are looking for career development opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skill sets in managing large, complex projects. Also, here of some of the people that can register for the online programme.
• project manager
• assistant project manager
• project management associate
• project coordinator
• project planner
• project change management analyst
There is no strict requirement for this programme as it is a non-credit bearing programme.
Participants have the option to attend the school graduation ceremony in Dubai
Students who successfully complete the SEMP online programme will receive a Certificate SEMP in Project Management from the Metropolitan School of Business and Management UK.
• An Introduction to Projects and Project Management – Part 1
• An introduction to Project and Project Management (Project Stake holders) – Part 2
• Project Initiation
• Project Selection
• Quality Assurance
• Work Breakdown Structures and Estimating
• Project Process and the Project Office
• Project Planning
• Microsoft Project and Resource Levelling
• Managing the Project Team (Team Structures and Organisation) – Part 1
• Managing the Project Team (Project Manager’s Responsibility) – Part 2
• Monitoring and Controlling Projects
• Project Closure
• Software/Project Maturity Model (Managing Change) – Part 1
• Software/ Project Maturity Model ( Capability Model) – Part 2
• Central lecture from MSBM UK
• Live Webinars
• Study Materials
• Practical Business Case-studies
• MSBM Reference
• Course Transcript
• SEMP Certificate from MSBM UK
• Network with other professionals
The Special Executive Masters Programme (SEMP) is an Executive Education Programme.It is “NON CREDIT BEARING and NON DEGREE HOLDING”. The SEMP is NOT an actual Masters Programme but a trade mark of the Metropolitan School of Business and Management. The SEMP is very similar to the “MINI MBA” offered by Universities all around the world. However the modules of the SEMP programme was modelled after the regular masters programmes which allows delegates to gain a thorough knowledge of the subject. This programme cannot be use as a Masters Certificate or disguised as such as it carries no credit and cannot be used to pursue an academic PHD. However the relevancy of the certificate lies in the knowledge of the bearer to demonstrate ground knowledge of the subject the certificate was issued in, and this certificate counts towards the appropriate Continuous Professional Development (CPD).